Cristy Harvey Sanchez, Registered Massage Therapist
1160 Burrard Street #703
Downtown Vancouver, BC
Cristy is a registered massage therapist, she has been practicing massage for over 10 years. She offers therapeutic relaxation and deep tissue massages. She graduated from The Utah College of Massage Therapy and Alberta College of Massage Therapy. She became Nationally Certified in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork. She has worked in world class spas around the world on Crystal Cruise Ships. She also attended The Rolfing Institute in Boulder, CO where she completed Unit I in Rolfing/Structural Integration, which is considered to be 'deeper than deep tissue work'. She is a member of CMMOTA - Canadian Massage and Manual Osteopathic Therapists Association.
Cristy has treated all different types of health conditions such as: neck pain, shoulder pain, headaches, tennis and golfer's elbow, car accident injuries, lower back pain, sciatica, hip pain, arthritis, sports injuries, TMJ disorders, computer related injuries, sprains/strains, pregnancy related symptoms, anxiety and depression, insomnia, stress management and many other aches, pains, muscle spasms and joint stiffness.
While Cristy was attending the Steiner Academy in London, England, she became certified in AromaSpa Therapy. This means she studied Aromatherapy, Aroma Stone Therapy, Facials, Ocean Wraps and Salt Scrubs. This prepared her to work in spas on world-class cruise ships.
She is now serving the people of Vancouver in massage. She volunteered her massage services for members of Friends for Life for 1 1/2 years. The Vancouver Friends For Life Society serves as a catalyst to enhance the wellness of individuals living with life threatening illnesses by providing complementary and alternative health and support services. Helping others to reduce stress. Her desire is to eliminate tension through her therapeutic and caring touch. She enjoys incorporating all the different modalities and techniques to create a relaxing and rejuvenating massage.
Cristy continues to follow the standards, values and ideas set by
CMMOTA's Code of Ethics:
Mission & Code of Ethics
Code of Ethics
- CMMOTA Members respect and protect patient dignity and safety.
- Members respect and protect the dignity of Massage Therapy through their actions and professional conduct.
- Members respect the client’s right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Members provide competent, safe care to all clients.
- Members act with integrity and honesty in all situations.
- Members will not misrepresent their knowledge or abilities. They will refer clients with conditions beyond their knowledge and abilities accordingly as part of their commitment to professional conduct.
- Members continue to study and advance their knowledge, competence and effectiveness.
- Our members will not slander or belittle another Massage Therapist, nor any other healthcare professional.
I commit my knowledge, skills and intention to serve the best interests of my clients and to facilitate their health and well-being.
My practice of client care will be conducted with respect, dignity and compassion.
I will engage in respectful collegial relationships with members of my own profession and other health care professions.
I will value the trust that society has vested in me as a health care practitioner by being accountable, ethical and responsible.
I make this pledge with integrity and of my own free will.